Based on Standard Formats // Open Data
An event published in Internet is not just a HTML page with text. It contains data: start, end, location, attachments. When these data is saved in format called iCalendar, all software understanding iCalendar can extract and show the data. There is variety of such software. The server of bapha.be stored and distributes the event data in iCalendar format.
To distribute the data, stored in iCalendar, the server offers two mechanisms:
• the CalDAV protocol describes how clients can synchronize data with the server. Anytime something is changed, the client transfers only the differences.
• Storing all events in one big file. The client software checks periodically whether the file is changed, and then downloads the whole file.
The advantage of CalDAV is, that on changes less data are transferred. When provided just by server name, Mozilla Thunderbird and Gnome Evolution can utilize CalDAV. The other software insists to have username in order to speak CalDAV. For it, bapha.be offers as username anonymous@domain with any password.
The advantage of the big file is, that there exists more software to work with it, as there is CalDAV capable software.
Bapha.be offers two big files:
• https://bapha.be/a.ics - contains all events, from the past and future.
• https://bapha.be/f.ics - includes only events, which will happen in the future. This file is smaller.
Of course, once entering in the software the username firstname.lastname@example.org there is standard to detect the other settings, without asking the users for it. Again of course, support the different standards to different level: some software needs more adjustments, in other software some data is not shown.
For each domain served by bapha.be, the services are the same. E.g. for the domain aaa.bapha.be:
• The file with the events from the future and from the past is https://aaa.bapha.be/а.ics
• The file with the events only from the future is https://aaa.bapha.be/f.ics
• For software, that insists on username to talk CalDAV, the username is email@example.com with any password.
• For software, that needs only server name to speak CalDAV the server is aaa.bapha.be
Details for the settings are in the Help menu ? here.
Freitag, 11. September 2020, 13:00 - 13:30 Osteuropäische Sommerzeit
Wiederholungen monatlich, bymonthday: 11
Erstellt am 12. September 2020, 13:12
Letzte Änderung am 11. Februar 2021, 12:59
Nächte Wiederholung Donnerstag, 11. März 2021, 13:00 - 13:30 Osteuropäische Normalzeit
Verknüpfung zum Kalender https://www.bapha.be/?d=2021-03-11&id=38890acd5d3412fedcf36202d06a4f77ebae5ae5R2021-03-11T13:00:00&cal=1
🔗iCalendar Datei https://www.bapha.be/c/1/38890acd5d3412fedcf36202d06a4f77ebae5ae5.ics